How to have a wedding on a shoestring budget
I’m often asked “I’m on a budget, how can I get married on the cheap”. Or “We need to do this quickly and inexpensively. Can you help?” Contact me!
Of course I can help and it certainly can be done on a tight budget. And just because there is little money involved does not mean that the wedding has to be done in a room in a courthouse somewhere. Or in some dungeon or ugly environment.
An inexpensive wedding, a wedding on a very tight budget, can be held in many beautiful places that are absolutely FREE. Let’s view our choices.
- Cliffside. On a cliff overlooking the beach is also a wonderful spot. Just be on the lookout for too much wind, which can really mess up hair, clothes, photos.
- Beach. Best done at early morning or sunset if you are having photos. If not, any time of day is good.
- Hiking trails frequently offer some wonderful vantage points and if you are outdoorsy, this is a wonderful spot
- Waterfalls. I have done weddings in the desert in Andrea’s Canyon near the waterfall. Except for the minimal admission fee, this is a magical place.
- Hotel grounds. If you are staying at a hotel, many of them have beautifully landscaped grounds and they allow you to hold the ceremony there.
- Vista Points. So many states have scenic areas where you can meet the officiant and have a quick yet beautiful ceremony
- Gazebo. Some public parks have gazebos and many are free, some for a small fee.
If you have other suggestions, I’d love to hear from you. Contact me!